Tuesday, January 12, 2010

It never ends...

So, I haven't posted since Saturday, this surprises me, yet it doesn't. This has already been a bad week. Not in the something terrible has happened to us week, just the incredibly busy week. Upwards basketball practice for both kids as well as church, and two sets of 4-h meetings. Ugh! I'm tired just thinking of the running this week. It's no wonder this is what my to-do list looks like.

It's 17 items long! And I'm not talking "easy things." These are the things that maybe I've wanted to do for awhile, I just haven't gotten to them, and my list just keeps getting longer. I'm excited to have a 3 day weekend this week (Thank you Martin Luther King!), maybe I'll get something done on the list.

For example:



the number one item on the list is ORGANIZE FISH FRY STUFF! I'm the chairperson again of our school's fish fry this spring. This is a major task. A task I have already taken on two years ago. One that ended up not being so bad. One that lead to me being PTO President this year...but that's for another post, another time. This is something that will occupy my mind for the next couple of months. Something that will cause me to stop breathing at times when I wonder if I've taken care of a task.....

Being busy....this is something we've talked about endlessly in Sunday School. Is busy something that just happens to you, or something we create for ourselves, like my endless to do list? This is something I often ponder over. Our two kids are in one sport at a time, and in swine club in 4-h. This shouldn't seem like a lot, but when you count practices, meetings, and church events on Wed. night, this makes our life seem busy.

I can see where this can wear a person down, if they let it. I try not to let it get to me, just pick up my keys and drive so and so to such and such a place. I've gotten good at making my weekly grocery list on the fly, waiting in the parking lot for someone, or watching someone's practice.

I love my children and want them to find something they DESIRE to do. Something that makes them feel happy. I've found that for myself...now if I could just make that into a job.

But enough of the rambling. I hope wherever you're reading this, you're loving your life, busy or not. I'm loving mine even though I'm dramatically sleep deprived. Maybe tonight's not a good night to do #16 on the list....rearrange the living room (again). My husband might disown me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting...I love reading what you all have to say!