Saturday, February 15, 2014

Hands in the dirt

Today our temps were in the middle 20's.  It literally felt like a heat wave!

We haven't seen double digit numbers for a long while. 

The sun was BRILLIANT today, and warmed our whole house.  We opened all the curtains and let it in.

It felt great!

It made me want to get started on the seeds I always plant in the basement. 

It was such a relief to get my hands in the dirt again.



Every year I use the same trays and the same small pots, I just recycle them.

I planted 3 kinds of tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchini, basil, peppers, and cat grass for Oreo.




Once everything was planted and watered, I took them down to the basement and set them up under the light Brent rigged up several years ago. 


I will lower the trays down under the light as the plants get bigger.

Things like peas, lettuce, corn, and all my perennials, I plant directly in the garden, but the other things I start indoors.

Today made me so eager to get things rolling...then I looked outside and saw all the snow drifts, and how my garden is completely covered with snow.

Oh well, it'll be here soon enough and then I'll be complaining about all the weeding to be done.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting...I love reading what you all have to say!