Monday, December 30, 2013

Some things accomplished

I've had a good and fast Christmas Break so far.

I can't believe we're already into the second week, but here it is.

I have gotten some things accomplished though, which is always good.

School scrapbooks are finally up to date...


We rearranged Grace's room, and added lights.

We even completed a project I saw on Pinterest.


 I LOVE it.  We just cut a large posterboard in a heart shape, added the pictures, then hung it on the wall with thumbtacks.  After that, we added the lights.  What a cool way to display pictures!

Then with a window from my Grandpa's and some chicken wire, I made a new memo board,




and hung it in the living room.

I even convinced Brent to help me with a project.  He didn't want to, but I wore him down.  There are only so many things I can do alone.

I first painted Evan's old train table, distressed it, and added an old window frame from one of Brent's job sites.  


It's a bigger coffee table than we had before, and I'm getting used to it, but I like it.  It'll grow on me.

I have more things to finish this week, so I'd better get to it.


4 comments:

  1. Love all the projects, but the re-purposed coffee table speaks to me. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the projects, but the re-purposed coffee table speaks to me. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the projects - wish I had some of your motivation. I feel like I kind of wasted Christmas break this year as far as working on things. Do you go back to school on Monday?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grace's heart is so cooel! Also loved her footie jammies above. Sarah would adore her.I also love the colors you use - especially the yellow table! You always seem to get so much more done than me! I'm decluttering and planning a revamp of my client's tackroom (that will involve Ralph Lauren tartan wallpaper). But mostly I'm trying to pamper our critters during this winter weather.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting...I love reading what you all have to say!