Sunday, January 5, 2014

It's been utter relaxation

I can't remember a better Christmas Break.

Truly.

Once all the hustle and bustle and stress of getting ready for the Holidays was over, we've had a great time just hanging out.

Sure, the day after Christmas, we did a crazy thing and went with Brent over to Mishawaka to the mall, and out to eat.  The kids had money to blow after all, and we love FIVE GUYS BURGERS AND FRIES.



It was CRAZY busy, and the traffic was ridiculous, but we still had a fun day.

Brent took off of work alot of the time the kids and I were off from work and school, and we've had a GREAT time watching A LOT of movies, and just hanging out.

Over Christmas we learned how to play Dutch Blitz (card game for those who don't know.)

and we've been having crazy hours long tournaments after supper. 

I've had to ask for breaks since Brent wanted to play it EVERY NIGHT.    He's a little competitive!

We've went to high school basketball games, and out with friends.

I've also tried to do a lot of organizing around the house.  A new year ALWAYS makes me want to clean out the clutter of the past year  years.  Let's be honest.  I have a trunk load of stuff to take to Goodwill once the roads are good enough for me to get out.

I've rearranged some things around the house too now that the Christmas Decorations are tucked away for another year.




I've even caught up on scrapbooking (2 years worth!)








I've been putting it off for a long while, but it felt great to get it finished caught up.
 
We've had time for Starbucks (on the way to get groceries.)



and wearing new footie pajamas.

We've seen snow (currently in the middle of a storm), and dry grass.



We've hunkered down on the couch...

and LOVED it. 

It will be hard to go back to work/school, but I'm calling this the best break we've had for awhile!

Hope you all have had a great break too!


2 comments:

  1. Be safe going back. We're out at least one more day. The roads here are terrible! The plows keep getting stuck. I'm going to try to get motivated and get some stuff done tomorrow. We'll see how that goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the frames so much I pinned them! I gave up on my scrapbooks as soon as I started - that's why I blog now, to remember and see all the pics I take. Glad you had some FUN R & R!!!
    xo
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting...I love reading what you all have to say!