Tuesday, April 8, 2014

A shout out

It's awfully hard to start your own business and wonder if you're doing all you can to promote it.

I started my Etsy shop about year and a half ago, and it's been going well.  I've had sales to the United Kingdom, and all over the U.S.

Humbling really.

It's just finding the time to stock it, and promote it, and wonder all the while if I'm doing enough without driving people mad by promoting "myself" essentially on Facebook, etc.

It feels like I'm saying, "Hey look at me!"  all the time.

Not my intention, but in a way, it is. 

Anyway, I've decided to promote some other shops that I've favorited and/or purchased from myself.

These shops have good prices, and good products.  Two have even provided swag for my favorite lady, Meg and her craft weekends.  I'm SO jealous of that.

Look these ladies up if you will, check out their shops, help provide business by talking about them, etc.  Maybe we can all promote our shops this way.  Maybe this could become a weekly thing for my blog...promoting new shops.  Give me some feedback on that.

#1 Wifeysinger.





Hannah Singer is the owner and creator, and she does a great job.  I've recently gotten some of her adorable hoop earrings, and they were just as cute as they looked online.  And her packaging...it's adorable.  Just what I'm looking for in a shop!  CHECK. HER. OUT.

#2  Nextdoortoheaven

 
If you like burlap, and things printed on burlap, THIS is the shop to visit.  I've not purchased anything from here, but I've favorited quite a lot of her things. 


#3  Ikeandco



Angie makes the greatest jewelry.  I just orderd a map necklace of her because you all know I LOVE maps.  It was packaged adorably too, and reasonably priced.    Support Angie, she provides swag for Meg. 

#4  Everygirlneedsvintag



Jill sells vintage tins and things I would put in my own home, some things I DO already have in my home.  If you love vintage, if you have a hard time finding vintage things, and you'd rather have someone else do it for you, check out this shop. 

Even though I've never met any of these ladies, they all do a fabulous job promoting their items through pictures, etc.  Any little bit helps.  Any of us.

1 comment:

  1. well, this is lovely!! thanks for including me, and in such sweet company, too!

    you have a great attitude, and that's a giant part of running a great business :) press on!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting...I love reading what you all have to say!