Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Stinkin' weather

I'm not one for HOT weather.

I swell up.
I get crotchety.
I get super sweaty.

I just plain HATE HOT HOT weather.

It's been in the 90's for a long while now.

It hasn't rained for weeks.

Our yard looks like the wheat fields a couple miles away.

It makes me wish I lived in the Pacific Northwest with their somewhat milder temperatures, and their rain.

However...

my garden is in full swing.

I'm getting a bounty this year because my sweet husband has set up the sprinkler and we water the garden(s)
(one large sweet corn patch and one large garden patch for other things) every day or every other day.

For weeks now I've been picking these beauties...

they are GOOD and for some reason, they taste like the sun.

The other day I started picking these guys...


and I made some minty sun tea with my spearmint that seems to multiply year after year, even though every year I rip more out.
(I had the perfect glass jar that I bought at Goodwill a year ago.)

So, even though the temperatures are TERRIBLE...and the kids beg everyday to go swimming at my uncle's house, we are reaping some benefits.

I'm just waiting for the tomatoes, and corn, and potatoes, and onions, and peppers, and cabbage, and zucchini, and cucumbers to produce.  

Have you all jumped on the gardening bandwagon?



1 comment:

  1. As one of the "lucky" folks in the gray and rain of the Pacific Northwest I'd happily change places for a few days... even weeks for some sun and HOT weather :) My poor garden is stunted... I'm not sure anything but the weeds have grown in weeks!

    Enjoy all the produce you're are getting and send any of your weather my way, I'll be sure to do the same :)

    ~Chris

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting...I love reading what you all have to say!