Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Why not?

This gorgeously cool weather we've been having has made me want to bake.

All the time.

My freezer is getting full of goodies.

Maybe I'll be ahead for Christmas this year instead of behind like I always am.

I've kinda made it a goal over summer break to  unofficially "fill my freezer" with meals.  I'm also filling it with produce/fruit that's in season, but I wanted to do some meals as well.

I don't know why, but sometimes it's a lot easier to pull a meal out of the freezer than to plan a menu during the work week with sports, meetings, etc.

Today, the kids told me the cookies in the cookie jar were getting hard.  I made them last week, but I guess fresh cookies don't last as long as the processed ones we buy in the store.

I remembered that I recently "pinned" a recipe for cheesecake cookies on Pinterest.

The kids requested that I try that one.

It was the easiest recipe ever!  You can find it here.

It literally took me less than 5 minutes to whip together.

It was like a mini chocolate cheesecake in your mouth!

I didn't have cream cheese in a stick on hand, so I used the whipped cream cheese I had.  It worked just as well...I'm assuming.  I also used mini chocolate chips instead of regular sized ones.

The cookies were a hit.

I'm keeping the recipe.


1 comment:

Thanks for commenting...I love reading what you all have to say!