Wednesday, March 6, 2013

A Snow Day for ALL!

Last night we got some snow.

It was probably only about 6 inches or so, but it was HEAVY, and then it got windy, and DRIFTED.

A LOT.



So, first we had a 2-hour delay called, then a cancellation.

I got to stay home today too, and I'll make it up when the kids have to at the end of April.

Funny, ironic thing is...it's MARCH.  Oh well, comes in like a lion, goes out like a lamb, right?

So, along with some household chores, I started some crafts.

I needed to make some more bulletin boards for my ETSY shop, and for the craft booth my cousins and I will have starting in May for a couple times over the summer.

I've got a stockpile of supplies, waiting to be molded into something else...

Little glass jars, picture frames, yards of fabric.

I started painting some frames.

 
You never know what color you may get when you start mixing.

I guess that's half the fun.




'Course you always need a cup of coffee and you usually get a little "dirty."  At least I do.


While the paint was drying, I even finished a small project that's been waiting for awhile.

About a month ago, while on a trip with two good friends, I picked up some old county fair ribbons and a  pendant.  The other one I already had.

It was time to make some bunting out of them for the space above the bookshelf.

The look was just what I wanted.

Now, I need to start another coat of paint on the frames...more later.

2 comments:

  1. Love a snow day! Can't wait to see all of the new stuff for your shop and booth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving that sunny yellow. You'll have to let us all know where your craft booth is going to be this summer. I'm always up for a girl's road trip.
    We had our second cancellation of the year this week too. We ended up with 8 to 10 inches of snow. Both mommy and Davy were super thrilled to be able to rest and relax and play in the snow. This has been a LONG stretch of school without a break. Three more weeks until spring break, and I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting...I love reading what you all have to say!