Saturday, April 30, 2011

Can U Guess?

Can you guess where I spent my Saturday?

We had an early morning, but today was a special day. It is every year.

Our day started at 7:30 am for Evan's pictures.

And it was COLD. It is cold every year on Opening Day. I don't know why, but it's annoying.

So, Evan's pictures were first....7:30 am.

(can you guess which one is Evan...aka...ham?)

This is his first year for fast pitch baseball. He's movin' up to the big leagues. Playing with the 5th and 6th graders. I think he's the shortest one on the team, poor guy.

He makes up for it with determination and strength, though. His team even won by 1 today.

Grace and her friend took time out of their busy, social day to watch Evan's game for about 15 minutes.

Evan's game was at 10:00, after opening ceremonies where a helicopter lands on the field and throws out whatever TV personality they decide to use for the day. It happened to be a sportscaster from one of our local channels. Grace got her mit signed by him, and thought it was pretty neat.

Oh, and did I mention it was COLD? Well, it WAS. It was predicted to be sunny and 73 degrees today. Our first day without rain in about 3 weeks. It was very windy and cold, instead. I have no idea how these meteorologists keep their jobs!

So, pictures at 7:30, opening ceremonies at 9:00, Evan's game at 10:00, and Grace had a double header with no break in between, starting at 12:00.

We lived out of our van today. Literally. I packed lunches and snacks and drinks and blankets, and chairs.

This is Grace's 2nd year in fast pitch softball. Last year she was catcher all year and HATED it. This year, so far, she's playing shortstop or 2nd base. Today it was shortstop, and she did great. Despite the VERY GUSTY wind all day, and the freezing temps.

Everyone on Grace's team wore coats over their uniforms. Now, that just proves it was cold!

Our leftie slugged one out to the third base line, and scored a double.

The sun eventually came out, but not till about 2:30. But it was still cold and windy. We left the ballpark at 5:00. It was a long day.

I'm glad it's over and I'm sitting in my cozy house.

We're gearing up for another game on Monday.

It has begun.


  1. Sitting there with you...cheering on the LOVES OF MY LIFE....I was hoping to get a little color to this pale flesh, indeed I did! But I would call it WINDBURN on my NOSE. Probably because a winter coat & thermal blanket covered everything else. A true fan is there through all kinds of weather, these days are numbered and save us a seat! God willing we'll be there to the end Grace & Evan!!!!! hugs.....G & G

  2. Brrrr!! I thought it was a little chilly to be out garage saling. Can't imagine how chilly it would have seemed if we were sitting still.


Thanks for commenting...I love reading what you all have to say!