I started the Labor Day Holiday with a 22 item list.
It is rare for me to have a 18+ hour uninterrupted day to finish some things.
I accomplished about 18 of the items on my list. I was pretty happy.
One of the projects was the bulletin board project I started telling you about the other day, but which got interrupted by the constant flow of tomatoes coming out of my garden.
So, this weekend was perfect.
I also had another ulterior motive. I wanted to clean up my kitchen counter where the original bulletin board resided.
I will show you the messy before...(not proud that this is our "dumping" spot.
For the project: here is the "before". I found this frame at a Goodwill 50% off sale about a week ago. I once heard someone say that when you go into a store like that, you should go in with "spray painting" glasses on. Anything that looks yucky, might just look better with a little paint. This frame was one of them.
Not sure where this kinda picture would've fit as is, but I liked the frame.
I also picked up this bulletin board at the same sale. Paid $1 for it.
I only needed part of it, and even though it had a little ding in it, I could always cover it up with something.
I first knocked out, (and threw away) the not great picture in the frame, got out my two favorite colors,
and got to work.
Here it is with the "blue ocean breeze" color on it, even though it doesn't even look like aqua.
(It looked darker in person for some reason.)
Then, on the spur of the moment, I decided to spray some ivory on it in some spots, knowing I would distress it a little later.
I got out my sandpaper, and went to town, distressing it all the way down to the original brown.
Here is the after. It is a lot smaller than the other bulletin board we had there, but I guess that means less room to put "junk."
And here are the clean countertops. I don't know how long this will last, but it looks nice.
I'm linking this up to makingtheworldcuter.com for her Monday linky party.
Join me here.