Sunday, October 2, 2011

Finally feels like Fall!

We had an incredibly chaotic weekend. However, I managed to squeeze in two of my favorite things...decorating for fall, and visiting a garage sale.



I headed over to Flower Patch Farmgirl's house for a blissful sale. I nearly swooned as I exited my car and took in all the chippy goodness in front of me. I picked up a wicker chair for $5. $5! and this pile of fabulous finds.



The purse is a Banana Republic with a kisslock closure for $6.
"Vintagy" fabric which will probably be used for pillows...
and a funky frame that fits right in my house.
There was also a bag of chippy tags, that I know truly belonged to me, because I found an "L" mixed in.
Flowerpatchfarmgirl herself was LOVELY. I'm glad I went.


When I returned home to 5 sleepy kids, we finished breakfast, then lunch, then we took them home.



Grace and I returned and while she mowed, I got busy overhauling a bittersweet wreath from last year.

BEFORE:





And with some embellishments...





AFTER:

I got the rest of the fall outside decorations out, and finished the porch.
Today I finished the inside decorating.
It feels good to mix the inside with the outside.



By the way, I'm only 9 followers away from my 100 follower celebration giveaway. I'll keep you posted as to the count and the prize.



Happy Fall Y'all!

5 comments:

  1. Everything is really pretty! I love those multi-colored candle sticks in your decor'. That wicker chair for $5 was an awesome find! Can't wait to see the changes, if any! Thanks for sharing! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sad I didn't make it up to her sale. I really really wanted to meet her more than anything. But we found a few goodies at the sale we hit here in town... so I guess it ended up okay. I love your wreath makeover. Turned out gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love kitty in the picture, too cute! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful wreath; love the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - you sure did put me in the mood. Wish I coulda joined you at her sale! Love it all, especially the mix of flowers n berries. All I've done so far is hang my "Witch is in" sign! ;-) Gotta change out my mantle to my black cat collection next week...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting...I love reading what you all have to say!