Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Who doesn't love pumpkin?

So, last night I was in the kitchen...like all night.

We had pork fried rice for supper, then I put the dishes away, packed my lunch for today...helped the kids pack theirs as well....started supper for tonight since Grace has a volleyball game...and then decided to try a new recipe I saw online...PUMPKIN SNICKERDOODLES!



They can be summed up in one word...YUM. Maybe Delicious. Or Worthy (of my time at least.)

Just look at the batter.





Silky.

The pumpkin taste is not overwhelming in any way. It's quite subtle. But it tastes like FALL.


They turned out quite small, but that's ok. You'll feel like you're not cheating that way!





So, since I've whetted your tastebuds...here is the recipe.

Just let me start by saying, I'm not a recipe follower sometimes. I don't do all the separating out the dry ingredients from the wet. I just add them all together and don't ever have a problem. But, if you are a rule follower, separate the dry from the wet, and add them together slowly while you are mixing them.


For the cookies:


3 3/4 c all-purpose flour
1 1/2 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
1/2 t ground cinnamon
1/4 t ground nutmeg
1 c butter, room temperature
1c sugar
1/2 c brown sugar
3/4 c pumpkin puree
1 large egg
2 t vanilla


For the coating:

1/2 c sugar
1 t ground cinnamon
1/2 t ground ginger
dash of allspice


Combine the dry ingredients and whisk well. Put all the wet ingredients in a bowl, and mix well. Slowly add the pumpkin and then the dry ingredients. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.

Preheat to 350 degrees. Combine the ingredients for the coating in a small bowl. Scoop the dough into balls, and roll in the mixture, and place on the baking sheet. You may dip the bottom of a drinking glass in water and flatten them a little if you like.

Bake for 10-12 minutes or until just set and baked through. Let cool on baking sheets about 5 mintues, then transfer to a cooling rack. Store in airtight container.





Have fun. Share them.

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I've got the ingredients at home to try these babies for myself! I never met a snickerdoodle I didn't like :)

    ~Chris

    ps, I don't follow the rules either...in fact I try to live dangerously and NOT even sift flour when called for...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting...I love reading what you all have to say!