Monday, November 7, 2011

A rare moment captured on film.

 
In this picture it ACTUALLY looks like Grace and Evan are enjoying themselves.

In actuality they were.  For once...in a very long while.

They've been sparing partners as of late.  I don't know if it's the age that they are (almost 11, almost 12...only 13 1/2 months apart), if it is the fact that they are both on student council this year and have to do stuff with each other, or the fact they they are boy and girl...I just don't know, but they have not been very nice to each other lately.

We had to have a talk with one the other day about sticking up for each other at school.  The place where it is the hardest to avoid peer pressure.  We know, we get it, we've both been there.
But we tell them over and over and over and over that you will have him/her as your sibling FOREVER.

Yes, we know it's a long time. but really...
What we really mean is WHEN WILL YOU START BELIEVING US?
However, Saturday, my parents were over helping Brent install electric to our barn, so the kids were forced to be outside together.
Since Evan recently learned to drive the four-wheeler (his right of passage) we suggested maybe they ride that.  It was a beautiful day after all.

Surprisingly enough, the fighting gloves came off, and they chased each other around the yard, and even rode it together.



This lasted a good 30 minutes, and then they were fighting over how to play volleyball.
Sometimes I wonder if this will break me...the endless fights...the hatred passing back and forth...the competition.  I hope and pray everyday that SOMETIME in their lives they will be friends.  Good friends like my sister and I are. 

For now, I guess I'll take it in short bursts.  It's all I've got.

3 comments:

  1. Siblings, they can't live with or without each other! Don't worry, they will be very close as they get older...best friends!
    I had no idea you had such a beautiful place! When I saw the fields in the pic, I was surprised! I love love places like this! Have a good week, Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have a son who is 12 and a daughter who is 11 and can so relate...i thought it was only mine that fought like that! They hate each other one minute and are playing together the next, but seems mostly lately they dont like each other very much...glad to know its probably their age, fact that they are boy/girl sibs etc...lets hope the day comes sooner rather than later that they are best friends!
    julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ben and I didn't start getting along until he went off to college... So I guess I'm saying they'll get there eventually :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting...I love reading what you all have to say!