Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas

We have one more Christmas to go today.

We've had three already in the last 4 days (counting today).

I'm tired.

The members of my family have been sick with the ugly respiratory flu going around.

But the kids are STILL eager for the last set of presents from us today.

We will have our "own" Christmas this morning when everyone wakes up, and before the in laws come at noon.

I'm excited it's just the four of us.


Everyone but me is sleeping now. 

This is rare.  I'm not a morning person.

I hate that since I get up everyday at 5:45 am, I can no longer sleep in.

We have no real tradition here with just the four of us, but I'd like to come up with one before my kids are too old. 

My aunt and uncle have their kids (who are now all married with kids of their own..) do a skit as an individual or family to get their gifts.   This seems super hilarious to me, and my kids think so too.

Growing up, I remember my mom made us Chinese food on Christmas Eve.  It was divine!  I love Chinese food.

Do you have a special tradition at Christmas?

I'd like to hear about it.

I hope you all have a wonderfully Merry Christmas today and remember WHY we have Christmas at all.  God gave us the most perfect gift for all of us.

Merry Christmas!


2 comments:

  1. ...it's only hilarious because you don't have to do a skit!! :) we're starting to pass the baton to the kids, which included brenna doing the song and westin doing drums. haha. merry christmas yoders!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MeRrY ChRiStMaS Lorie!!! Wishing you JoY and Rest! ;-) I'm with you on having had enough celebrations. We had that horrid flu - even the elf was laid flat for days and the timing was terrible. So sorry for you all. Hope it was a magical day full of new traditions and memories. A family skit or talent show sounds awesome!!! Your photos are so lovely. Every year together we ALL bake the same bread as gifts (many batches so the cooking lasts through the holidays) and enjoy our early morning routine of Santa's stocking fun finds n bigger treasures then our own pretty small ones. We usually end up playing with remote controlled tractors, helicopters or airplanes n games. THEN by 10ish ... we travel an hour south. We visit(eating n more gifts) my family, then his (more eating n more gifts), maybe a stray friend... Home after dark to do last chores and COLLAPSE! Sarah's Bday is the 27th and my Mom's is the 31st... No matter what I do in advance, I'm always outta spirit by months end and ready for the next year. My visits here revitalize and encourage me. Thank you friend for that gift. I hope the New Year holds peace n prosperity, great health and happiness for you and your family!
    xoxo
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting...I love reading what you all have to say!