Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Tomato Thieves

I know I've talked before about my weird dogs. Rudy and Sadie are great, but a little off sometimes.

I've told you before how much they love to eat tomatoes. Strange. I know. This never happened until about a year ago.

I've never been able to catch them actually getting them OFF the tomato plant until tonight. If I'm out in the garden, they are all around me when I'm picking tomatoes, just hoping I will toss them one. Sadie is the most aggressive about it, but Rudy is getting more so.

Anyway, I was mowing tonight and spotted them sneaking in a couple times. When I was done, I ran inside to get the camera to see if I could catch them at it.

I DID!


Sadie shows no qualms about stealing the tomatoes. She LOVES them!




Ah ha. Caught ya Rudy! I think his eyes are closed in pure delight.




Seriously. Dogs and tomatoes, I just can't wrap my mind around it. Seriously?




Oh, he knows I've been snapping pictures, and he knows he's caught. He's looking out of the corner of his eye to see if I'm gonna snatch it.

Before I posted this, I looked all over the Internet to make sure tomatoes weren't poisonous to dogs. Thank goodness they are not, because my dogs can't get enough. They are major thieves!


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Too funny! I wouldn't have believed it either til I'd seen it... Naughty dogs~ they are cute tho w/their treasures. My dogs steal eggs - the short one can get thru the pop door and into the nest boxes and the big one searches out stray guinea eggs left in the weeds. Just this am I found bits of shell by my potting shed!
    Hope your school week's going smoothly! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's hilarious. You probably have the healthiest dogs I know. Take care, Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures!! Our dog helps himself to the strawberries!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting...I love reading what you all have to say!