Sunday, December 4, 2011

Christmas Card Organizer

Many years ago when my kids were little, and I was heavily into Martha Stewart magazines (I still am...just don't get the subscription anymore) I made one of these Christmas card organizers.

I have no idea what happened to it over the 3 moves since then, but I figured it was time for another.

This summer I picked up a sewing/cross stitch/quilting loop at Goodwill with high hopes of putting material in it and hanging it on the wall....but it hasn't happened yet, so I thought it was time to use it for something else.
I got out some wooden clothespins too.

First, before you hot glue any one, place them around the circle (or in this case...oval...) to make sure of the placement.  I alternated the way the pins were going so all my cards weren't on top of each other.
Then hot glue in place, but NOT on the hinge.
I thought it was a little plain, so I added some material roses and some old scrabble tiles I had.


I put some green ribbon on the top, and just tied it around a nail, topped with one of my old vintage doorknobs.
Finished product...
Ready and waiting for more Christmas cards.  One down, many to go!

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting...I love reading what you all have to say!