Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Unique ideas for displaying pictures

Do you take pictures?  Do you take too many pictures?

I do.  But that's ok.  I love to take pictures of my kids, my house, my garden, our pets, etc.
As evidenced here and in the labels on the sidebar.

Sometimes I don't know what to do with all of them.
I do scrapbook, though.  I also frame A LOT of them.
However, I like to be a little "unique" with my framing...
For example...All the old windows I have throughout the house have pictures in them.
Brent has brought home windows from job sites, and I've found some at garage sales and one of my favorite consignment shops.

I just use clear adhesive dots on the pictures, and hang them on the back of the glass.  They are easily changed out and removed, and no damage is done to the picture.
I've even went as far as using an old door my friend found along the road for me.
When the kids were small, I saw this idea in some magazine and tried it out myself.
Memory jars.  When we went to Florida for my sister-in-law's wedding, the kids were very small and we went to the beach everyday.   I brought home some sand and shells and added a picture and placed it all in a jar.
When Brent was kind enough to bring me home some old windows from a job site, I turned one into a "bulletin board" for all of Grace's pictures of her friends, posters, etc.
you can find the project here
I just gave her a jar of little clothespins (from the craft aisle at Walmart) to hang up her favorite things with.
Then I found this idea and realized that I would also like to try it.  I have a ton of mason jars in clear and aqua.
source
I also want to try this.  It sounds very inexpensive to make.
source
What do you do with all your photos?  Write back and share with me, and give me some NEW ideas!

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, I like that mason jar idea!

    Hope you and your fam have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting...I love reading what you all have to say!