Saturday, January 28, 2012

The fabric of our lives...

Yesterday was Grace's 12th birthday.

I can't believe the years have went this fast.

I found her in the front seat of the van yesterday morning when I went out to the garage to go to school.  You see, it's legal now for her to ride in the front seat.  She was sitting there with a grin from ear to ear.

There goes my "storage" for my purse!  (Ha)

She also decided, since 12 was such a big deal, why not have 4 other girls over for the night, and why not have Evan have a friend over too.  (SURE, WHY NOT?)

So that's what we did.  She wouldn't allow me to take any pictures.  Not even of her blowing out the candle.

I kept getting wierd faces or hands over the eyes.  (She's the one on the right)



Have we really gotten to this point?

So, here is a brief view of SOME of the things from her get-together.

She's ALL ABOUT zebra print.  So, Wal-Mart had this Waverly line of plates and cups.  Crazy, I know.  Who knew Wal-Mart carried cool things...


She enjoyed cupcakes
pizza, and chips before Brent took them all to the Boys Varsity Basketball game.  The boys and I stayed home.  They had NO desire to go.

Brent told them, at 4:30 am this morning to get to bed.  Apparently they stayed up till 5am. At least that's what we heard.  We also found remnants of food all around the house.  So, much to her dismay, she took a nap this afternoon.  She has a big volleyball tournament tomorrow.  It's not for the weak of heart.

While she was sleeping, I made some cushions for the bar stools I got when I went with my cousin to an antique store several weeks ago.

I purchased these babies for $12 and $15 (I have NO idea why they were priced differently, they are the same chair.)


I originally wanted to make a cotton duck cushion and cover for the back.  I sewed a cover for the back, but it just didn't look right, so I just made the cushion.
I had left over pillows from the couch, that have been recovered so many times I can't even remember.
I used the same material I've used for other pillows I've made for the couch, and just added some bias tape for the ties in the back.
The final result...a more "cushier" seat.  And a little boost in height for when Evan uses the chair.
I might add a painted on number to each one when I figure out how I'll go about it.  I made each cushion have an overlapping back, so I can take the pillow out and wash the cushion if needed.

It's been a tiring weekend, with only a day more to go.

Happy rest of the weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Grace! Hope it's a fun year and the volleyball games went well. Congratulations Lorie on your beautiful work - daughter and sewing! Every visit here I'm amazed by your productivity!
    hugs,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting...I love reading what you all have to say!