Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Life is...


Well, I didn't feel inspired to write today, but when I opened a picture file I had on the computer, I felt compelled to share it with you.

You see, I'm pretty sure I've caught my daughter's cold. I've felt extremely tired lately, and there is not a day in the week when we're not driving someone to something. It's getting old.

I know I've complained about this before. Sorry. It's just, I have to let it out.
When I came across this picture of the kiddos the other day, it made me smile. Today it made me laugh. I'm not sure why, it just did. I mean, the seriousness on his face, when the glasses just look so ridiculous!

This "funky" look started the other day at the library, when Evan picked Spy Kids 3, which is appropriately in 3-D. He was so excited because he had previously seen it at his best friend Mason's house. We hurried home and scrounged around until we found some 3D glasses from a book we had.

Grace even got in on the act.

This movie took, I think, 3 days to watch. You see, with all their activities after school, animal chores, and homework, movies usually only get watched on the weekend, or in the 45 minutes in the morning AFTER they get dressed and BEFORE we leave for school, hence 3 days to finish one movie.

Could he look anymore relaxed?

I think they liked the movie, but it's not going to be a "purchase." You know what I'm talking about. We're not the kind of family who just runs out and buys movies. We're the ones who check it out from the library SO MUCH that we just figure, it's probably something we should just buy because we really like it. This is why our movie collection doesn't rival the library's, or a number of the kids friends'.

So, while today was not the day to end all days, it was another day closer to the weekend, another day closer to not driving my "bus" to all the practices, games, or ceramics classes for 4-H. I'm ready for a break. What's that old line...."Calgon, take me away!" Yo Brent, I need a hot bath - STAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting...I love reading what you all have to say!