Tomorrow my oldest turns 11.
How could it have went this fast? Really.
She was just my baby. My firstborn. The girl we had to drive around in the car for hours just so she'd go to sleep!
We've already started the festivities for this young one.
Tonight at church for her girl's group, she took her turn taking snack. Of course, since it was so close to her birthday, we made it a little more special.
They had pretzels and my buttermilk sugar cookies with buttercream frosting.
Tomorrow she'll celebrate at school with these chocolate cupcakes,
and Friday she's having 4 girls spend the night (plus a friend for Ev) for a "Paris" themed party (pictures will definitely follow in another post).
She'll open presents during breakfast tomorrow, and then we're off for a day of celebrations capped off by supper at her favorite Mexican restaurant.
So before I get all weepy, I'll share 11 things about my 11 year old girl.
1. She has straight blonde hair, and bright blue eyes that one day boys will drool over.
2. She's a naturally great speller (won our school spelling bee and went on to the County one.)
3. Is very tall for her age. (Hope this continues for her sake because it doesn't run in our family!)
4. She's a leftie (and she thinks she's the ONLY one...but it runs on both sides of the family)
5. She's quick to try new things, and is becoming a daredevil.
6. Learned how to drive our 4 wheeler at the age of 9.
7. Has participated in basketball, softball, volleyball, and gymnastics in the last 5 years.
8. Is quick to laugh at most everything.
9. Loves deeply.
10. Plays a mean game of Guess Who? (beats me EVERY TIME!)
11. Wants to be a teenager so bad she can hardly stand it!
That's Grace in a nutshell.
I can't believe God has shared her with us for 11 years already. We are so GRATEFUL!