I'm a BIG fan of using something you already have, if it saves you some money.
I don't mean make it look junky, not by any means, but use it if you've got it!
I've been in need of some new dining room curtains for awhile now. The gold ones I had were really faded on the side that faces the sun, and when you looked at them from the outside on the patio, they just didn't look very nice.
I found a pair of tan seer sucker curtains at Goodwill about a week ago for $3. The PAIR was $3.
Um, hello, GET IN MY CART!
I was super excited, and brought them home, washed them, ironed them, hung them up, and found they were too short!
I let them go a couple of days, but it looked too ridiculous!
I've seen in magazines and on Pinterest.com some "morphed curtains..." Curtains with fabric added to them to improve the look.
I needed to do that, and mine wasn't just for a "look," it was for necessity.
I headed up to my fabric stash today and pulled out this full sized sheet with a pattern that I liked.
I measured, cut, and kind of made a "pocket" for the original curtain to fit into.
Then I pinned the outside, and sewed all around it.
Because the sun is so bright, and the fabric thin, you can see through it quite a bit. It also made my pictures terrible, so excuse the final product...
I'll put that on the to do list for the END of Spring Break this week.
For now...it's good.
Now, onto something else.