Tuesday, June 1, 2010

How to make God laugh.

I once heard someone say, (or maybe it was in a country song...) "If you want to hear God laugh, tell him your plans."
There is probably not a more true statement than that.
After my chores this morning, I planned to sit down after lunch and sew a purse. Sew a purse you say!? Why would you do that? Well, being the cheapskate that I am, I saw a picture of a cute purse online, and thought, "I can make that!"
So, I set out to do just that.


I got all my supplies out and ready.

I got my 60 year old machine out...

THIS is where I should've stopped for the day. Just called it quits. After all, I had a plan, so I just kept on goin'.

After a couple hours of frustration at my 60 year old machine, (which up until this point has been running fine...) for constantly breaking thread, and the inability to get through some tougher fabric, I had the purse done. Only to realize, I really didn't like it. It was a good design, sure, it had cute fabric, but it was WAY too floppy.

So, after some harsh thoughts in my head (ONLY in my head I assure you,) I decided to make something I knew how to make, something I had been promising Grace I would make for awhile.

So, I got out some more supplies...

and made these. I remember having some as a kid. I'm sure my mom made them, she was/is a good seamstress.

I still had some broken thread (I gotta read the manual, and see what's wrong with my settings again), but this was a much easier project.

I promise next time, I won't plan ahead. At least, not PLAN out my entire afternoon for something I might not really know how to do. I'm sure God had a good 'ol chuckle today watching me.

At least Barbie got the good end of the deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting...I love reading what you all have to say!