Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Our Life...Right Now.











It's fair week here in Indiana. I know I've said that before. But I just wanted to clarify.





You see, we have the biggest County Fair in Indiana.


It's pretty awesome.


The kids think so too.


Here they are yesterday during wristband day.





It was HOT. We sweated ALOT.

I detest being hot. There is no way I would ever live in Arizona. I'm just sayin'.


The older I get, the worse it gets. I honestly don't remember how we dealt with it as kids. I guess it's different when you're a kid.
Grace brought her BFFs along with us. They are twins doncha know. They come from one of the nicest families around. I STILL can't tell them apart, though, after 7 years of them being friends.


It's terrible. I know.


They rode "scary" rides that Grace has never attempted before. I guess "packs" give you courage. They told me each time they got off the ride that it was no big deal. However, each time I watched them being strapped in, they looked scared to death.

After the rides, we took a glimpse at the baby pigs born in Old McDonald's Farm the day before.
Here's 3 of the 13. Precious.


Then we went to take care of our pigs, and the girls parted ways, and went back to their air conditioned trailer.


Evan's pig, Little Buddy, obviously wanted his undivided attention.


Tomorrow and Thursday are our show days. We're gearing up with early bedtimes tonight.

See ya later!


3 comments:

  1. Oh I so wish we had been able to make it out on Sunday. We ended up having to go to Indy for a doctor's appointment after all. I was wanting to make it out later this week, but that's not looking promising either with everything going on. Good luck to your kiddos tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the fair. Can. Not. Wait. It'll be here, on our tiny island, in a few weeks. Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOOh squeal! Sounds like LOTS of fun! Congrats on the ribbon(s?)! I know how much work that is and how the heat just makes you wanna scratch n stay home somedays. But that's what's so wonderful - the responsibility it takes! I love hearing bout other farm kids workin with their critters. Future farmers!!! ;-) Hope you're happily at home w/ac n ice cream now!
    hugs,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting...I love reading what you all have to say!