Monday, August 1, 2011

So Long, Farwell...




The 2011 fair is over.


I will not miss you. Not this year. You were too hot!


We will, however, miss Little Buddy,
Spoterson,


and Spike.

I will not miss the poop on the bottom of our boots, or the 90+ degree weather everyday.


I will enjoy my central air conditioning with reckless abandon.


I will try not to think about the fact that school is back in session in exactly 2 weeks.


I will miss the friendly visits with parents of other swine club members as we sit in the hard bleachers watching our children with pride.


I will, no, scratch that, the rest of my family will miss the nightly visits to the dairy barn ice cream shack at the fair.


I will not miss the constant spraying down that we had to do to our pigs so they wouldn't succumb to the heat.


When we returned Saturday night after our 4 hour shift in the pork building, we were rudely greeted with a yard that was way past mowing and 9 rows of sweet corn screaming to be picked.


All I can say right now, all that's running through my head is...dare I say it...come on Fall. I dare you to cool down my days, and darken my nights. I'm ready for ya! Bring it on!

1 comment:

  1. I feel you. Our first teacher day is the 11th. Where did summer go?? I won't miss this miserable dry heat, but I'm not ready to go back yet.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting...I love reading what you all have to say!