Monday, August 22, 2011

What's for dinner...


My husband told me the other day that my blog wasn't very exciting anymore.

You see, he doesn't find the craft tutorials or all the talk about decorating exciting.

He wants more talk about him, and more "Truth Thursdays" so he can make fun of all my confessions.

Well, it isn't gonna happen. There will be no talk about tractors, or the Detroit Tigers or even the Michigan Wolverines.

We care nothing about those kinda things on this little 'ol blog.

Instead, we're doing dinner and THREE books! You see, I've been reading like a fiend lately, and I wanted to share them.

I just finished 2 great, very different books, and I'm already onto a third.

The first, The Help,

was given to me two Christmases ago, and I just now got around to reading it. It made me wanna go see the movie, AND meet the main characters, AND go take a drive down South. I would recommend it to anyone. It contained plenty of drama, and emotion, and shocking racial situations. I couldn't believe this is some of what really happened back then.

The second, Still Alice,

is my book club read for the month. My good friend Carmen picked it. It's all about a woman who is a Harvard Professor, very smart and gifted, and totally shocked when she's diagnosed with early onset Alzheimer's Disease in her 50's. It's heart wrenching and funny, and an incredibly fast read. I loved it.
The third, Cold Vengeance,



I just started. My dad passed it on, and knew I'd like it because it's written by some of our favorite authors. It contains a main character, FBI Special Agent Pendergast, who is a returning fixture in all these author's books. So far, it's suspenseful and interesting, and I'm only on page 51. I would recommend any books by these authors.


As for dinner, this week is far less hectic than last week was. We don't have something EVERY SINGLE night. Here's what we'll be eating...


Monday - (PTO meeting after school) - crockpot ranch beef, homemade coleslaw, corn, biscuits.


Tuesday - crockpot taco soup, grilled cheese, tortilla chips with salsa and guacamole, peaches


Wednesday - (Jr. MYF meeting for Grace) - leftovers, hot ham and cheese


Thursday - Chili's copy-cat monterey chicken, green beans, homemade applesauce, roasted sweet potato fries


Friday - (home football game) - homemade pizza, grapes, cottage cheese


Saturday - chicken quesadillas, layered jello salad, grapes


Sunday - (Jr. MYF fundraiser meal at church, Grace serves) I need to take a large salad and dessert


Monday - ravioli, copy-cat Olive Garden breadsticks, green beans, salad


Tuesday - pork fried rice with peas, carrots, and eggs, pork eggrolls


Wednesday - breakfast



Simple and easy this week. That's how I like it. If you need any recipes, let me know. And get reading!

2 comments:

  1. Love,love The Help! I can't wait to see the movie. I will add the other two books to my list. :) thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! You finally read The Help. You will love the movie. So glad you liked Still Alice. Can't wait to discuss the book next month at club.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting...I love reading what you all have to say!