Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Surfing a snow day

When my alarm clock rang at 5:30am , and I got a call from school that we had a 2 hour delay, I was ok with that.
Then, an hour & 1/2 later when I got another call school was cancelled, I couldn't help smiling a little.
For some odd reason, I hadn't slept well the night before, and a day of reprieve sounded wonderful!
So, after several loads of laundry and a DIY project completed, which I'll blog about later, the kids and I decided to go outside and play awhile.
We all donned our gear, and set out. After watching our wonderful neighbor with his giant tractor plow out our driveway, as well as our road (the county regularly ignores our dirt road), we set out for the backyard.
This is the first thing I saw:


I thought this was how deep the snow was, but then the kids stood up! They were only sitting on their knees!


We walked out back to the remote part of our acreage, and I took a very peaceful looking picture of the ditch that runs through our pasture.

Just look how beautifully blue the sky is.

We walked over to our mound system, which sits smack dab in the middle of the pasture, and is really only good for sledding.

Of course, with the Winter Olympics starting, my kids are a little obsessed with the events. Evan has taken to wanting to be like the snowboarders...



And the skiers:

Then Grace decides to get in on the action:

And discovers skiing

really isn't as easy as it looks:

But just look at what a beautiful day it turned out to be...

I'll graciously take a snow day anyday!

1 comment:

  1. I just knew you were going to have a snow day today!! I'm SO jealous of you :) Drink some hot chocolate for me!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting...I love reading what you all have to say!