Thursday, December 10, 2009

Dinner and a Book

So tonight I went with my book club buddies to eat at Peterson's Steak and Seafood, and to celebrate Christmas with a book exchange. You see, us girls have been meeting for I would say a year and a half, maybe, and we read a different book every month, and then get together and discuss it. I love it, but my husband just thinks it's ridiculous! "Who would want to talk about a book after you read it?!" he says with exasperation. (This coming from the man, who thinks fine reading is the farmers exchange every Thursday when it comes in the mail).

I have read so many books that I never would have read on my own, and it's lead to even more "favorite authors" for me. You see, I'm a book junkie. I think it stems from the fact that my father loves to read just as much as I do, and he's constantly passing me books. I mean, the thought of going to Barnes and Noble for a day, could quite literally put me in a swoon. Seriously.

So, back to the book club, and tonight's supper. We decided this year, to exchange books instead of exchanging gifts like we have in the past. It was very exciting getting a book and wrapping it beautifully, like this one here. Seriously, I'm in love with this wrapping paper. Just look at the loveliness!

The anticipation of seeing what the others were opening was enthralling. Some books people opened, I have already read, and agreed that they were very good. Others, like the one I received, were new to me, and I eagerly anticipate reading this over Christmas vacation.


I had a great time tonight, and the food was good. I got a great gift from a great friend, and I'm excited to meet these girls again next month for our January 2010 book club meeting.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting...I love reading what you all have to say!