Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Mystery Anyone?

Today started out in a way my kids were not happy with. I had a hair appointment today, which means about 1 1/2 hours out of their playtime. Of course playtime isn't what it used to be like when we were kids. I remember disappearing outside for hours everyday with my sister. Today, my son's idea of playtime is playing his new DS game or drawing, or maybe watching a movie.

So, you can imagine the noise in the house (groaning of course) when I told them where we were going for the morning. I did promise them, however, that when we got back, we would have lunch and play their new game, Clue FX.



Now, let's go back to my childhood once again. I don't really remember how old I was when this movie came out, but I remember my parents letting my sister and I see it. It was an instant HIT!!! Maybe it stemmed from all the Nancy Drew novels I read as an elementary kid, or maybe it was just the fact that the VCR was still a new commodity, and we had "rented" another movie, but CLUE was the best mystery movie I had ever seen.

My sister and I watched it so much, we could quote lines from it. I believe Mrs. White once said, "Flames, flames, from the sides of my face, heaving, breathing...." It was great. My sister and I could crack each other up with just a line from this movie.


My kids have since watched the same movie. I mean it, if you haven't seen it, you haven't lived. It has a wonderfully funny cast of characters: Tim Curry, Martin Mull, Madeline Kahn, Christopher Lloyd, Lesley Ann Warren. It's the best.

Today I was Lady Lavender when we played. I don't recall her being in the movie...



Can you guess which one she is? Anyway, the whole object of the game is to find out who murdered the guest of honor, what weapon was used, and where it all happened. My kids love this game, and it's electronic, so it talks to us. I got the game at Goodwill (we'll talk about what a great store this is in another post) for $8. Not bad, considering it retails for $54 in the store.

It was a good afternoon activity until it was time to be on the move again and take Evan to a friend's house for the night. Maybe with the snow predicted for the rest of our vacation, this will come out again to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting...I love reading what you all have to say!