Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Of Mice and Men... or Children, that is

Why lately have all my blog titles for the day been movie/book titles? I don't mean to, it's just what pops into my head.

OK, so we're at the time of year, that I get a little crazy. I'll admit it, I have a problem making things for Christmas, and just not quite leaving myself enough time to get it all done. For instance, for the past couple of years, we have been getting some really cute snapfish Christmas cards from all our friends. They are adorable, and every time I see one, I make a new resolution to do this for myself next year instead of making all 80 of my Christmas cards like I do every year. Then, well, it gets to be Thanksgiving weekend and here I am, out buying supplies to make my cards again. I always get a lot of compliments, and I like doing it, but 80 cards....it really must end sometime.


So, the last few weeks have included me making gifts for both my kid's teachers ( I really should start taking pictures of the gifts.....duh), making a gift for the teacher I work with (this year it was a personalized ready-to go album for all the pictures of her dogs.) (She's been talking about wanting to do this for awhile, and I finally got around to doing it for her.), making Christmas cards, Christmas cookies, and now all the gifts for the kindergartners that I help everyday. This year there are 41 of them, and here is what I did for the girls........



and the boys.

Cute huh? I need to give the credit to Martha Stewart. She made these a couple of years ago in her kid's magazine. I really need to start making these much earlier in the year. Waiting until the last minute, and then cutting out EVERY LITTLE PART, is not for the weak of heart.

Anyway, I really must prioritize. The bear in me comes out when I get stressed. I'm feeling a little like the Grinch. I really must stop!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting...I love reading what you all have to say!