Thursday, December 31, 2009

Busy little bees

Grace and I have been exuding our creative talents for the last day and a half. We completed two projects yesterday, and I made the Pioneer Woman's cinnamon rolls today. (That's a whole other story, seeing as how I'm terrified of yeast. We do not have a good relationship. It has just never done the job for me that it's supposed to.) Anyway, back to the crafts. This was the first project. I saw it on the farm chicks blog awhile ago. It is adorable!










before



after

It's a cute little dry erase board, much cuter than what you can buy in the store. It only took some vintagy scrapbook paper, clear contact paper, some kitschy details, and double stick tape.


Grace can't keep her hands off it. She's been drawing constantly.


The other project we finished was a Martha Stewart one. I saw this on her website a couple of weeks ago. You could upload any picture to her website, and she would change it into a paint by number, only for her glitter. Since we adore our chickens, and I have some chicken things in the kitchen already, I uploaded a picture of one of our hens.



I put the glue on , and once we mixed just the right shade of glitter, Grace would put that on. The frame was a shadow box I had, and I added the other details myself.

It goes good with my aqua kitchen. Isn't she a cute hen?

Tomorrow brings a whole new set of projects to complete. I have a cushion to make for our foyer bench, a coffee table to paint, more organizing to do, and the list goes on. There are just not enough hours in the day to complete all the tasks I have for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting...I love reading what you all have to say!