Monday, March 21, 2011

Rainbows in my life

It's time to find the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow for pete's sakes!

For the last 2 weeks, Evan, Grace, and I have been passing around this STUPID, that's right, STUPID head cold/cough. Just when I think we're all getting better, it bites us in the butt again. Grace came home with a fever of 101 again, and another stuffy nose.


I don't know how much more of this I can take. They've started taking my driver's license number at the store each time I buy cough medicine. Could it be because when used between two kids a couple times a day, the bottle only lasts me about 3 days? Ridiculous or very crafty on the medicine company's part! If only they could listen to my children cough, they would know I'm not using it for something bad!


OK, so, I did have a point after all. I needed to feel "sunny" today. I felt I needed to see some "rainbows" so I came home and started snapping pictures of everything in my home I could find that resembled a rainbow.


Besides, the sun finally made an appearance today for at least a couple of hours!

The print above my stove is one rainbow...


so are the pretzel covered m & m's in the candy jar (which coincidentally enough seem to always be quick to empty out...um...Evan....???)

The anal retentiveness rainbow I've given to my books...(don't judge me, people, it looks pretty this way!)

The framed well-used colored pencils that used to be the kids and now hang in my craft room.

The small vintage globe I was lucky to pick up on my recent antiquing trip with two of my best friends.

A thank you card received from Shannan who writes one of my most favorite blogs ever!

More colored pencils just hangin' around Grace's scrapbooking table. (I buy colored pencils by the truckload....every time school shopping comes around, they just jump in my cart by the packageful!) I can't help it, it's a sickness!

Still to this day, hands down, one of my most favorite crafts that Grace has brought home from school. Embodies everything about why I'm living on a farm and raising a slew of animals!

The hand towels in the lower level bathroom...

And even in my coat pocket.

I guess I have rainbows in more places that I thought! It made me feel better. Even though my fate is to probably stay home from school with Grace tomorrow.

This sickness better end soon if it knows what's good for it!

Hope you all are having a better week than us!

3 comments:

  1. your post made me think of that song "sunshine, lolipops, and rainbows..."
    Love, love, love the framed coloured pencils! It's a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a bright and cheery post. Hope everyone is feeling better soon!
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pick me ups! Great COLORS!!! :-)
    hugs,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting...I love reading what you all have to say!