Thursday, March 3, 2011

So long, fare well...

Saturday I'm off to see one of my best friends.


She moved 3 hours away about 3 or 4 years ago. We don't get to see each other very often, but we've decided to meet 1/2 way between each of us, at a cool antique mall.



I feel as giddy as a school girl. I literally have been thinking about this for weeks.



I miss her so much.



I decided to make her something. Well, something for her and her girls. (Hope she's not reading this before Sat!)



You see, her and her 3 girls are ALWAYS wearing clothes/accessories in the height of fashion.



What I made her is a little vintage looking, and yet, I hope she'll like it. And her girls too.



I started out with some cotton duck, and some flannel/felt material in the girls favorite colors.


I've been seeing these tutorials all over the net about how to make flower pins, hairpins, etc. I decided to follow some of these somewhat, but to put my own spin on them.



I'm also thinking of selling these in my etsy shop when I get my supply up to start one.



I started by just pinching the fabric together and hot gluing it to a circle of flannel (and burning my fingers MANY times during the process.)


When semi-finished, it resembled this.


I added a bobby pin to the back so it can be worn in their hair, or put on a purse, or even in a lapel.

I think the best part of the whole project was the wrapping/final finish.



I just cut some of my scrapbook paper into little tags, added an initial for each one, and some baker's twine to the top.

While I like each one I made for the girls, I like my friend's the best.

I hope she likes it too!


I'm linking up with Judy at DIY by design's linky party (Wed-Fri) and Freckled Laundry . Come check out all the other talented ladies who also linked up!



11 comments:

  1. I love them, they are so cute! Have a great time this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great! I bet she will love them. I hope you have a wonderful girl day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How talented you are.......sooooo cute! Love them and I'm willing to bet they will to! Have a fun time.....love them antique malls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute as usual. Hope you have a wonderful visit with your friend and maybe find some goodies at the antique mall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are adorable! and I love your blog wallpaper too :) XoL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the one for your friend the best too!...Great job & have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hmmm I am loosing my mind..I thought I had left a comment the other day...but no I had just been reading your delightful blog & forgot!
    (love the purse with the red rose !)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like these lovelies! Just put a few of them on my straw bag!
    Have a happy day xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those look great. Hope you have a blast with your friend. Thanks for linking up. Hope to see you again at tonight's party which opens after 8pm EST.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are very pretty! I love your friend's especially, too. (Osnaburg is one of my favorite craft fabrics.) Thanks so much for sharing with Air Your Laundry Friday.

    xo,
    Jami

    Hugs,
    Jami

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just beautiful! So happy for you all! (Now be sure to carry some like these with you when you visit MD some distant day...) ;-)
    hugs,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting...I love reading what you all have to say!