Thursday, March 31, 2011

Truth Thursday...Surprises

I've been an absent blogger again.

Sorry about that. Truly.


When exactly do you think all the running around will stop? I'm ALMOST ready for the kids to drive by themselves, but then the worry sets in, and I try not to think about that.....


Where was I going with this?

Oh, yeah, it's Truth Thursday and I have an exciting thing that happened to me this week.

You see, as I'm sure I've said before, I like to make crafts.

Whatever I can try, I do. Some things over the years have failed...failed miserably, but some have also been great successes. (At least I think so.)

Anyway, last week I did a post about a burlap wreath I made.

It started out from a picture I saw on Pinterest.com of a yarn wreath. Then I searched for a burlap wreath and found that too. I decided to combine elements of both into my own version.


Anyway, it started out like this...


and merged into this...


Not to toot my own horn or anything, but I think it turned out pretty well, considering I was totally making it up as I went.


So, back to my point. One of my followers (and I also follow her blog) saw my wreath and emailed me.


Let's just preface this by saying, when I follow someone else's blog, and THEY respond on mine, I get a little giddy.

I know all you bloggers out there are normal folks. Some, granted, are a little more famous than others (Pioneer Woman, The Lettered Cottage, etc.) But I just can't help myself, when someone I admire, actually emails me back!


Vicki from Curlywillowdiy.blogspot.com emailed me and told me she loved my wreaths, could we make a trade?


You see, Vicki is a talented graphic designer. Something I once was too (maybe not the talented part...but a graphic designer....LONG ago)

She said she could make me some flag graphics for my sidebar that matched my header, could I make her two wreaths for her front doors?


Absolutely...and hey, we only live 45 min away from each other...so we're meeting next week.

As you can see, she's already made me my graphics for all my headings.


Aren't they sweet?


So, I'm finishing her wreaths, and we'll exchange them on Spring Break. Vicki also posted about this on her site the other day. You can find the post here.


She and her friend Barb, who run their blog, also have a Friday linky party, you should check out! They just started this...so help them out!


You see, sometimes you get surprises in your life...good ones. And most of the time, they make you feel pretty good inside!


3 comments:

  1. Yay! Congratulations!!! And now you too will be makin an online bloggy real life friend! Love your work and your blog look and the new flags are so cute and so you!
    xo
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I can see why she wanted a trade...your wreaths are wonderful. I love this story. ps love your little piggies too : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this wreath. seriously - LOVE it!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting...I love reading what you all have to say!