Thursday, July 8, 2010

A Monopoly Kind of Day

Yesterday was a scorcher...AGAIN. Grace had been begging me to play this Monopoly game she found in the closet....she'd been begging me for DAYS, so I gave in. First we snapped beans, then we played.


If this looks unfamiliar to you, it probably is, unless you grew up close to Goshen, IN. In 1983...

they published this Downtown Goshen Monopoly game...
I don't know if it was a fundraiser that they made this for, or what....but my parent's owned one. We LOVED it and I remember we played it ALOT. It had all the familiar stores we grew up with on the board, and for the right price, we could own them and charge our other family members a fortune in rent! It was pure bliss!
So, Grace found this in the closet and asked me all about it. Why did it look so funny and not like the Monopoly game? What ARE all these places? A flood of memories played across my mind, and so we started playing...
There was a lot of laughing...
some wild dice throwing...
and some general craziness when it came to banking....and losing money (which Evan did 4 times on a trip to Las Vegas where he blew $2000 each time. ) Some people never learn!
Of course Grace never got out of her pajamas yesterday....which was fine....and the heat stayed outside the patio door, while we played on for more than an hour. Grace was the eventual winner with $29,000 in assets.
It was a good game. It made me remember being a kid, and I'm glad I got to pass it on to mine.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting...I love reading what you all have to say!