Sunday, July 4, 2010

Outdoor church

Today we had church outside....at our Pastor Terry's house. It was beautiful!




He and his wife Julie have the most beautiful house I've ever seen. It's nestled back down a very long lane, and surrounded by trees, a pond, and acres and acres of serenity.




We had baptism today, and lunch afterwards.



It reminded me of the time I was baptized in the lake at Camp Mack when I was 12. I cried through the whole baptismal ceremony. I felt like I was coming unglued. Thank goodness for sunglasses!

Terry had a short, but good message today because of the baptisms, which took up most of the time.



After that, we all had a carry-in lunch. Good old fashioned Mennonite cooking along with grilled hot dogs and hamburgers. There were alot of people there. I was surprised. We usually have around 3-400+ for church, and of course they all weren't there today, but there were quite a few who didn't go somewhere for the 4th.

I would have church this way every Sunday if it was up to me. It was wonderful. I felt Jesus beside me throughout the whole ceremony.
Thank you Terry and Julie for opening up your home to us!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great locale for church to me too and what a wonderful memory it makes for those who were baptized!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting...I love reading what you all have to say!